-Where FAITH and ADVENTURE Collide-
WAM Promo Video
Why travel with WAM?
When you take a trip with Wide Awake Missions you immerse yourself in another culture filled with stunning opportunities to serve, share, be inspired, love, and give of yourself. Led by seasoned leaders, you join a team of like-minded adventurers who have a heart for the lost, hurting, less fortunate, and broken. Jump in headfirst and be prepared to feel inspired, a little dirty, and fully alive in Christ!
With WAM you don’t just take a missions trip, you get an authentic missions experience...full of adventure, worship, seeking God, team bonding, family-style dinners, unique ministry and outreaches.
We’ve been taking teams overseas on mission trips for over 25 years and look forward to helping you experience a powerful, exciting, and life-changing mission trip.
2022 - 2023
Game On! Mission Trip
Antigua, Guatemala 2023
May 25- June 3
~ Colorado High School Students ~
Orphanage and community ministry & outreaches * Antigua scavenger hunt * Food distribution and work projects
Local school outreaches * Lake Atitlan village outreach * Sports, games, & talent show
* Mind-blowing free-day trekking the Pacaya volcano and roasting “lava-toasted” marshmallows
~ Daily Amazing Worship * Plus Inspiring and FUN Special Evening Services ~
Fiji Islands Missions Outreach
Plus 7-Day New Zealand Adventure
June 8 - June 30, 2023
* Work alongside christian, world-class medical and dental professionals in community village outreaches
* Daily outreaches to the schools and community of Vanua Levu * Evenings are spent at the mission base eating, singing, dancing, playing games, and enjoying the beautiful warm ocean waters of Fiji–right outside our door!
* Free-day excursions to nearby Rainbow Reef for snorkeling and hiking the beautiful Bouma Waterfalls
* Visiting Kioa Polynesian Village and the and Taveuni natural rock waterslide
* Kayaking, climbs on the volcano, caving, and so much more!
~New Zealand team debrief and 7-Day adventure in and around Aukland~
* We'll explore the Shire on a Hobbiton Movie Set tour and take a boat ride through the Waitomo Glowworm Caves
* The Rotorua "Canopy Tree Tour" deep into untouched forest ending with a tandem zip-line
* Auckland Adventure Jet Boat Experience * Piha Beach volcanic black sand beach day and more!
* Our "Adventure" time in Aukland, New Zealand will be peppered with time spent with the youth and young adults of a local church, hosting a worship night, prayer ministry and building friendships.
~Team devotionals and amazing worship throughout the trip~
This 23-day Mission Outreach and Adventure will push the envelope in all areas of ministry, team dynamics, serving, seeking God, fun, loving and of course, ADVENTURE!
Our Fiji mission experience will be stationed within 750 spectacular acres of Buca Bay, surrounded by rain and bamboo forests, beautiful beaches, and an extinct volcano...the unspoiled beauty of Fiji awaits!
This is an all-inclusive mission trip, including all free day excursions....departs from Los Angeles.
Safety is our top priority.
Going overseas is a big deal and it's totally understandable for individuals, parents, and family to be concerned and want to know what safety precautions are taken for each trip, especially if they are new to Wide Awake Missions. We've been at this for over twenty years, have taken thousands of teens and young adults overseas and are fortunate over the years and years of doing mission trips to never have had a major safety, or medical issue. Here are some precautions and exercises we adhere to:
*Our adult/student ratio is usually one adult per five students. We allow the team to bring their smartphones and usually, it's their camera as well. We use the hotel’s wifi, this way student can be in contact with their parents for updates. We also provide parents the phone numbers of our hotel in Miami during training time—as well as the international hotels we stay in during the trip.
*Once we meet in Miami we go over all the safety protocols and country rules.
*No one is ever allowed to go off by themselves outside of our outreach sites, ministry sites, and hotels. We travel as a team unit, eat as a team, and minister as a team...so no one is ever alone. We rely on our trusted and experienced contacts/translators to guide us each day. Also, each team member pairs up daily with an accountability partner. We always have a first aid kit that travels with us and our contacts keep us informed on the best hospitals to visit if there are any needed issues or emergencies.
*WAM keeps in constant contact with all travel warnings concerning each country we go to. We register our group before we leave with STEP and log our itinerary with the state departments of each country we travel to.
*You, your parents, and family will have a list of all our emergency numbers and itinerary 2 weeks before each trip.
*Parents can call me personally with any questions they may have. My direct number is 970-889-1102.
*We also provide contact information of other parents you may reach out to. These parents have either a teen that is currently going on one of our mission trips or a has been on a mission trip in the last three years.
*Lastly, we carry international insurance for each member in case the is any medical issues and provides coverage in case there is ever a case for evacuation.